The Centre for Comparative Literature welcomes applications for the MA and PhD programs starting in September 2018. Canadian applicants: Be sure to apply for OGS and SSHRC awards. The application deadline for the 2018-2019 academic year is January 5th, 2018 .
Our Program codes:
– For PhD program: CO PhD
– For MA program: CO MA2
Step 1: All candidates must submit their applications through the School of Graduate Studies (SGS) website at: https://apply.sgs.utoronto.ca/ . At this website, you will be required to submit the following supporting documents together with your main application:
– Scanned copies of your original transcripts
– Two letters of reference
– A letter of intent (1 1/2 to 2 pages outlining your interests and the research you would like to pursue)
– A sample of writing (an essay no more than 20 pages in length)
– A curriculum vitae
Step 2: Please mail the following items to the Centre for Comparative Literature at Isabel Bader Theatre, 3rd floor, 93 Charles Street West, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5S 1K9:
– A printed copy of your on-line Application Summary.
– Original transcripts in sealed envelopes sent directly from the institution(s) attended. Photocopies of transcripts will not be accepted.
– Proof of English Language Facility if applicable. It is essential that all incoming graduate students have a good command of English. Facility in the English language must be demonstrated by all applicants educated outside Canada whose primary language is not English. This requirement is a condition of admission and should be met before registration. The IELTS Institution Code for the University of Toronto is 0982.
Contact person: Bao Nguyen, Graduate Administrator. Tel: 416 813 4041.